Tissue 101: Properties and Processes Course
Saturday, April 30, 2022 - Sunday, May 01, 2022
(Additional Registration Fee Required)
Please note: By clicking register now, you will be directed to TAPPICon registration to register for both the conference and the course or the course only.
Whether you’re new to the Tissue industry or a seasoned professional, including engineers, sales staff or management, TAPPI’s Tissue 101 is the perfect introduction or refresher course. It is structured to provide participants with a solid understanding of tissue properties and how they are impacted by manufacturing processes, helping them to effectively achieve production goals and objectives.
The added bonus? This foundational course is the building block for much of the featured technologies and innovative tissue concepts showcased at TAPPICon 2022.
Basic raw materials and physical property relationships are discussed to develop an appreciation of the trade-offs when designing a tissue product for a specific application. Each major step of the tissue-making process is reviewed to describe key engineering relationships and their effect on final tissue product properties.
What You Will Learn:
- Basics of tissue sheet structure and properties, and how the manufacturing process affects performance and design.
- The effect of fiber raw materials on tissue structure and properties, and how to select and apply them to achieve product goals.
- The functions of chemicals in tissue manufacture and how to apply them to increase machine/product performance.
- How each tissue machine process creates/effects tissue structure and properties.
- The most important variables controlling product quality/variability.
|Professional Development Credits
You can earn 15 professional development hours or 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for completion of this course. TAPPI's Professional Development department has been accredited as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Earn the Professional Certificate