Tissue 101: Properties and Processes Course
April 24-25 • 8:00am - 5:00pm • Atlanta, GA
Co-located with TAPPICon 2021
Covered topics range from the basics of tissue sheet structure and properties, and how the manufacturing
process affects performance and design to controlling product quality and variability!
|Registration Rates||Meet the Instructors||Course Schedule||TAPPI Press Discounts|
*You will be taken to the TAPPICon registration page where you can register for
the full conference or just the Tissue 101 Course.
TAPPI's Tissue 101: Properties and Processes Course is structured to provide participants with a solid understanding of tissue properties and how they are impacted by manufacturing processes, helping them to effectively achieve production goals and objectives.
- Designed for anyone new to the tissue industry and for seasoned professionals who want a review of the basics in a rapidly changing industry.
- Helps you accelerate your on-the-job learning and gain better insight into ways to improve tissue performance and manufacturing efficiency.
- Expands your professional network through meeting the instructors and course attendees.
- Available at TAPPICon 2021 and in an eLearning format.
The Added Bonus
This foundational course is the building block for much of the featured technologies and innovative tissue concepts that will be showcased at TAPPICon 2021.
- Introduction to tissue business and products
- Web-fiber networks and physical properties test methods
- Fibers and furnishes, stock preparation and control
- Wet-end chemistry and control
- Forming, water removal and drying processes
- Pressing fabrics, creping
- Dry-end processes and chemical additives
- Sheet and roll handling, and converting
Basic raw materials and physical property relationships are discussed to develop an appreciation of the trade-offs when designing a tissue product for a specific application. Each major step of the tissue-making process is reviewed to describe key engineering relationships and their effect on final tissue product properties.
What You Will Learn:
- Basics of tissue sheet structure and properties, and how the manufacturing process affects performance and design.
- The effect of fiber raw materials on tissue structure and properties, and how to select and apply them to achieve product goals.
- The functions of chemicals in tissue manufacture and how to apply them to increase machine/product performance.
- How each tissue machine process creates/effects tissue structure and properties.
- The most important variables controlling product quality/variability.
|Professional Development Credits
You can earn 15 professional development hours or 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for completion of this course. TAPPI's Professional Development department has been accredited as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
|TAPPI Members receive a discounted rate for this course.
If you're not a member yet, join us!
|Earn the Professional Certificate
TAPPI offers a Professional Certificate for Tissue 101: Properties and Processes. Completion of the Professional Certificate demonstrates your competency in understanding tissue manufacturing processes and methods to improve tissue performance and manufacturing efficiency.
Course Registration Rates
Through March 26th
After March 26th
Tissue 101 Course
Saturday-Sunday, April 24th-25th
Tissue 101 - Join or Renew and Save
Tissue 101 - Young Professionals - Join or Renew and Save
Tissue 101 - Group Meeting
Per person (3+ people in same location)
Tissue 101 - Group Meeting - Join or Renew and Save
Per person (3+ in same location)