Putting Your Health and Safety First
GBAC STAR FACILITY ACCREDITATION
The Charlotte Convention Center has received the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ Facility Accreditation, making it one of the first facilities in North Carolina to earn this distinction.
The GBAC STAR™ accreditation program is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation.
Under the guidance of GBAC, the Charlotte Convention Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention and demonstrated compliance the program's 20 core elements. Learn more
TAPPICon organizers are following the safety guidelines and protocols of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the State of North Carolina, Mecklenburg County, and the Charlotte Convention Center.
Below are the changes and information on what to expect onsite at TAPPICon:
- Recommend six feet of social distancing
- Increased use of larger indoor spaces for relationship building functions, allowing for social distancing
- More frequent sanitizing of high traffic areas
- Hand sanitizing stations provided throughout the Convention Center and at all food stations
- Food and beverage functions will have serving attendants and plexiglass shields
Also, the Expo Floor is very open.
We want to thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we continue to pivot and adapt to these changing circumstances. Rest assured we will continue to issue public announcements should the above guidelines be changed by either the CDC or Mecklenburg County.